there is a reason why I haven’t tried making a sweater yet.. or anything where sizing truly matters. yeaaaaarsss ago I started making sandy a pair of endpaper mitts and I started off pretty well. knocked one out super fast, then got bored and picked up other projects in between (this was probably my 3rd or 4th time making this same pattern) and I ended up forgetting about it. over the years it would somehow make its way back into my hands to knit a little more, then I would lose the project for another year or so. finally it got to the point where it has been sitting in its ziploc bag for 1.5 years with only the thumb gusset left to do. THE THUMB GUSSET!! well, I finally finished that tonight, weaved in all the ends, and took a proud step back to tell my friend I finished her mitts!! only to realize how drastic the difference in sizing is. whoops!

Image

 

but on a MUCH happier note! I FINISHED OP ART!!! it took close to 3 months, my gauge was off (because I refuse to swatch anything) and I ran out of yarn for the suggested large size, which means it’s still pretty big, but the color block is a little off for the last round of yellow… and it’s not nearly as big if I had bought enough yarn to do 2 more color blocks! ah well. now we’ll see how long it takes me to start weaving in the ends (the part of any project that I hate the most.. next to blocking) the dvd is there for scale since I don’t have a baby nephew to place in the center yet       0_o

Image

thanks to jess for suggesting I do an i-cord bind off! I think it really makes the whole project look more professional now, this might be my new go to bind off! 

About these ads